3. (1) The employer of a workman injured by reason of an accident arising out of or in the course of the work in any employment to which this act applies shall be bound to pay the compensation hereinafter mentioned or to provide therefor, except:
(a) where the accident does not disable the workman, beyond the day during which such accident occurred, from earning full wages at the work at which he was employed; or
(b) where the injury is attributable solely to the serious and wilful misconduct of the workman, unless the injury results in death or serious disablement.
(2) This section shall not apply to an outworker or to a person whose employment is of a casual nature or foreign to the employer’s industry, except when the workman is injured by reason of an accident on the property of his employer while accompanying a mining inspector under section 294 of the Mining Act (chapter M-13).
(3) Employers in the industries included in Schedule C shall be liable individually to pay the compensation.
(4) The employer whose undertaking is generally carried on outside Québec shall be liable individually to pay the compensation due for an accident having happened within Québec if the usual place of employment of the injured workman is not therein and if, at the time of the accident, the said employer has not paid to the Commission all the assessments for which he is liable in virtue of this act.
(5) Employers in the industries included in Schedule B shall be bound to contribute to the accident fund as hereinafter provided, but shall not be liable individually to pay the compensation.