97.3. A by-law made under the first paragraph of section 97.2 must
(1) determine the zones within which work is subject to dues, which zones must correspond to those identified in accordance with section 97.1;
(2) set the rate of the dues, which may vary according to
(a) the distance between the work or buildings subject to the dues and a shared transportation service;
(b) the classes of work and buildings prescribed by the by-law; and
(c) the different zones and locations inside zones, in particular to promote densification and revitalization;
(3) prescribe the method for delimiting the floor area covered by the work;
(4) list the elements considered in determining the value of the work;
(5) prescribe the terms and conditions governing the collection and reimbursement of dues; and
(6) prescribe the terms and conditions governing the management of dues by the collecting municipalities.
Some of the work may be made subject to the payment of transportation dues even if it is carried out on an immovable only partly situated in a zone determined under subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph.
The rate set under subparagraph 2 of the first paragraph and the method prescribed under subparagraph 3 of that paragraph may vary according to criteria promoting sustainable land development. Such a rate may also be adjusted by operation of law according to the method prescribed by the by-law, if applicable.
A zone determined by a by-law made by the Authority under the first paragraph may not be made subject to more than one set of transportation dues; the first by-law that makes work inside that zone subject to such dues prevails over any of the Authority’s subsequent by-laws.