8. The Authority enters into an agreement with every public transit authority stipulating the shared transportation services each must provide to the Authority in accordance with the public transit the Authority has determined it will make available to serve the transit authority’s area of jurisdiction.
The agreement must include
(1) a detailed description of the services provided and the remuneration agreed on;
(2) the performance and service quality objectives set by the Authority that the public transit authority must meet;
(3) measures aimed at fostering and simplifying user access to the various shared transportation services; and
(4) provisions allowing public transit authorities to implement innovations and initiatives to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and integration of services.
The Authority may also enter into an agreement
(1) with the public transit authority of its choice in order to offer metropolitan rapid transit service;
(2) with the Réseau de transport métropolitain in order to provide service in the territory of the Kahnawake Indian Reserve or service between at least one local municipality whose territory is included in the Network’s area of jurisdiction and places outside that area;
(3) with any other operator of a shared transportation system in its area of jurisdiction.
For the purposes of subparagraph 1 of the third paragraph, “metropolitan rapid transit service” means a service provided in the territory of at least one local municipality whose territory is included in the chosen public transit authority’s area of jurisdiction and in the territory of at least one local municipality whose territory is included in another public transit authority’s area of jurisdiction.
2016, c. 8, s. 3; 2017, c. 17, s. 491.