Not in force
32. With regard to the road corridors constituting the metropolitan arterial system, the Authority may prescribe
(1) preferential measures to facilitate bus traffic;
(2) restrictions on heavy vehicle traffic;
(3) measures to foster a metropolitan cycling and pedestrian network; and
(4) the compatible uses to which the area near or along those road corridors may be put.
The Authority may also
(1) designate lanes reserved for the exclusive use of certain classes of road vehicles, or of road vehicles carrying the minimum number of passengers specified by the Authority; and
(2) with the approval of the person responsible for the maintenance of a public highway or, in the absence of such approval and if that person is not the Minister, of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal, signalize the reserved traffic lanes designated by the Authority and take any other steps to ensure their safe use.
The Authority may enter into any contract with the person responsible for the maintenance of a public highway that provides for compensation of all or part of the costs related to the decisions it has made with regard to the metropolitan arterial system.
All traffic signs and signals installed by the Authority are deemed to have been installed by the person responsible for the maintenance of a public highway under paragraph 4 of section 295 of the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2).