15. The Authority has exclusive jurisdiction to establish a strategic plan for the development of shared transportation in its area of jurisdiction, taking into account the metropolitan land use and development plan of the Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal and the land use planning and development plan of Municipalité régionale de comté de la Rivière-du-Nord with regard to the territory of Ville de Saint-Jérôme.
The strategic plan must set out a vision, for at least a 10-year period, for the development of shared transportation and, more generally, for the mobility of persons, including mobility impaired persons, and must specify the equipment, infrastructures and shared transportation services required.
In addition, the plan must specify
(1) the context in which the Authority acts and the main challenges it faces;
(2) the Authority’s objectives and strategic directions;
(3) the results expected over the period covered by the plan and the actions required to achieve them, by field of jurisdiction;
(4) the priorities and an implementation calendar for the actions to be carried out;
(5) the terms governing the financing of the operating and capital expenditures required to carry out the proposed actions; and
(6) the monitoring measures and performance indicators to be used to measure results.
The Community may give the Authority special instructions to hold public hearings in connection with establishing the plan or making any amendment to it.
The plan must be updated yearly and revised every five years.