88. In addition to its other regulatory powers under this Act, the Conseil de gestion may make regulations
(1) determining the procedure and time limits for making an application to the Minister and an application on behalf of a person who is deceased or unable to manage his or her affairs;
(2) defining the term “week”;
(3) prescribing the cases and the manner in which a person’s benefits are reduced to take account, in particular, of income replacement indemnities or other benefits mentioned in the regulation that are payable to the person under another Act and of the person’s work income within the meaning of section 43 during the period in which the person receives benefits;
(4) establishing the manner of determining the date on which an application is filed;
(5) prescribing the cases in which the number of weeks of parental or adoption benefits may be increased, and the rate of benefits for those weeks;
(6) determining any other measure necessary for the application of this Act, except Chapter IV.
The regulations of the Conseil de gestion require the approval of the Government; the Government may approve them with or without amendment.
If the Conseil de gestion fails to make a regulation within a period the Government considers reasonable, the Government may make the regulation. Such a regulation is deemed to be a regulation of the Conseil de gestion.
2001, c. 9, s. 88; 2005, c. 13, s. 50; 2020, c. 23, s. 21112020, c. 23, s. 2112.