3. A person is eligible under the parental insurance plan if
(1) in respect of the qualifying period, the person is required to pay premiums under this plan in accordance with Division II of Chapter IV or, to the extent prescribed by regulation of the Conseil de gestion de l’assurance parentale, under the employment insurance plan established under the Employment Insurance Act (S.C. 1996, c. 23) or a plan established for the same purposes by another province or a territory;
(2) the person is resident in Québec at the beginning of the benefit period and, in the case of a person whose insurable earnings from a business or as a family-type resource or intermediate resource are considered, on 31 December of the year preceding the beginning of the person’s benefit period;
(3) the person’s insurable earnings during the qualifying period are equal to or greater than $2,000; and
(4) the person has had an interruption of earnings as defined by regulation of the Conseil de gestion.
The eligibility arising out of the obligation to pay a premium under a plan referred to in subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph, other than this plan, is conditional on the Conseil de gestion entering into an agreement for that purpose with the Government of Canada or the government of another province or a territory.
2001, c. 9, s. 3; 2005, c. 13, s. 2; 2009, c. 24, s. 74.