179.1. The Autorité des marchés financiers may communicate the following information to the authorized insurer who so requests for the purpose of issuing or renewing an automobile insurance policy:
(1) the driver’s licence number of the person submitting an application for insurance and of the regular drivers of his automobile;
(2) the date of any accident in which those persons have been involved as the driver or owner of an automobile;
(3) the description of the accident and the coverage affected;
(4) the class of use of the vehicle of which the person concerned had custody at the time of an accident;
(5) the description of the vehicle of which the person concerned had custody at the time of an accident;
(6) the amount of the indemnities paid under an automobile insurance contract entered into by every person concerned;
(7) the outstanding claims;
(8) the percentage of liability assumed by the persons.
That information may be communicated at the time a person expresses the intention to apply for or renew an automobile insurance policy with an insurer; that information may only be used for purposes of classification and rate application based on the risk the person represents.
If the insurer issues a policy, the information referred to in the first paragraph is presumed to have been confirmed by that person, subject to any other circumstances the person is required to declare in that respect, and the obligation relating to that declaration is presumed to have been properly discharged.
The Autorité des marchés financiers may, at the request of the Société, communicate to the Société the same information if it is necessary for the purposes of section 22 of the Act respecting owners, operators and drivers of heavy vehicles (chapter P-30.3).
The Authority may also, on the conditions it determines, authorize the agency designated in section 178 to make such communications on its behalf.
1989, c. 47, s. 11; 1999, c. 22, s. 37; 2002, c. 45, s. 173; 2004, c. 37, s. 90; 2005, c. 39, s. 52; 2018, c. 23, s. 65412.