41.2. A public body may release information to which a restriction of the right of access under section 23, 24, 28, 28.1 or 29 applies in the following cases:
(1) to its attorney if the information is necessary to prosecute an offence under an Act administered by the body, or to the Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions if the information is necessary to prosecute an offence under an Act applicable in Québec;
(2) to its attorney, or to the Attorney General if the latter is acting as the body’s attorney, if the information is necessary for the purposes of judicial proceedings other than those referred to in paragraph 1;
(3) to a body responsible by law for the prevention, detection or repression of crime or statutory offences, if the information is necessary to prosecute an offence under an Act applicable in Québec;
(4) to a person or body if the release of information is necessary for the application of an Act in Québec, whether or not the law explicitly provides for the release of the information;
(5) to a public body, in the case of information referred to in section 23 or 24, if the release of information is necessary for the purposes of a service to be provided to a third person; and
(6) to a person or body if the release of information is necessary for carrying out a mandate or performing a contract for work or services entrusted to that person or body by the public body.
In the case referred to in subparagraph 6 of the first paragraph, the public body must
(1) see that the mandate or contract is in writing; and
(2) specify in the mandate or contract which provisions of this Act apply to the information released to the mandatary or the person performing the contract, and the measures to be taken by the mandatary or person to ensure that the information is not used except for carrying out the mandate or performing the contract and that it is not kept by the person or body after the expiry of the mandate or contract.
The second paragraph does not apply if the mandatary or person performing the contract is a member of a professional order. Subparagraph 2 of the second paragraph does not apply if the mandatary or person performing the contract is another public body.
In addition, a police force may release to another police force information to which a restriction to the right of access set out in section 23, 24, 28, 28.1 or 29 applies.
However, the application of this section must not reveal a confidential source of information or the industrial secrets of a third person.