84. Subject to the second paragraph, the Minister may enter into an agreement with a department or body of the Government of Québec or of another government, a person or an enterprise whose name appears on the list drawn up by the Government and published in the Gazette officielle du Québec, in order to collect or communicate personal information that is necessary for the application of this Act and the regulations, in particular in order to
(1) verify the eligibility of a person or a person’s family for an amount granted under this Act and establish that amount;
(2) identify, by cross-matching or other means, circumstances not declared by a person that may affect the amount that is or was granted to the person under this Act;
(3) verify the solvency of a person who is required to repay an amount under Chapter II of this Title or identify the person’s place of residence; and
(4) verify the occurrence of an event or the existence of a right referred to in section 90, as well as the date and particulars of the realization of the right.
The Minister may also enter into such an agreement with the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development of Canada as well as with the following departments and bodies of the Government of Québec: the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport, the Ministère de l’Enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche, de la Science et de la Technologie, the Ministère de la Justice, the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles, the Ministère de la Sécurité publique, the Agence du revenu du Québec, the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail, the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec, Retraite Québec and the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec.
To identify a person for the purposes of an agreement made under this section, the Minister may communicate the person’s name, date of birth, sex, address, health insurance number, social insurance number and file number. A department, body, person or enterprise that receives such information must, unless legally entitled to the information, destroy it once the purpose for which it was communicated has been fulfilled.
Such information must be exchanged in accordance with the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information (chapter A-2.1).
2005, c. 15, s. 84; 2006, c. 22, s. 177; 2010, c. 31, s. 175; 2013, c. 28, s. 202; 2015, c. 15, s. 237; 2015, c. 20, s. 61.