18. The owner of a catchment work must seal it off so as to protect the quality of groundwater
(1) where pumping equipment has not been installed 3 years after completion of the work;
(2) where pumping has been interrupted for at least 3 years;
(3) where a new work intended to replace it is installed; or
(4) where the catchment work is non-productive or does not meet the owner’s needs.
The requirement set forth in the first paragraph shall be suspended if the owner of the work has filed with the municipality a notice by which the owner expresses his or her intention to use the catchment work again. The notice must be renewed every 3 years.