12. A person who installs a spring catchment work must comply with the standards that apply to a surface well. The work must be equipped with an overflow and the sealing of the annular space is not required.
If a horizontal well is used,
(1) it must be buried at least 1 m deep upstream from the natural point of groundwater resurgence so as to collect that water before it surfaces;
(2) it must be connected to a watertight reservoir;
(3) the reservoir must be equipped with an overflow; and
(4) the layout of the ground, above and not less than 3 m upstream from the well, must be carried out so as to prevent runoff or infiltration of surface water.