21.1.A police force in Québec shall issue, within 60 days of receiving a written application to that effect, a positive or negative search certificate, within the meaning of the second paragraph, to any person, including an officer or principal shareholder, who
(1) applies to the Commission for the issue, assignment or transfer of a taxi owner’s permit;
(2) gives notice to the Commission of an acquisition of interest or of a change in the control of a taxi transportation business; or
(3) applies to the Société or to an authorized municipal or supramunicipal authority for the issue of a taxi driver’s permit.
In this Regulation,
(1) “positive search certificate” means a certificate attesting that the data banks accessible to the police force contain information making it possible to ascertain the existence of an impediment referred to in the second paragraph of section 11, the first paragraph and subparagraphs 1 and 2 of the third paragraph of section 18, the first paragraph of section 25 and subparagraphs 2, 3 and 4 of the first paragraph of section 26 of the Act, including an indictment;
(2) “negative search certificate” means a document showing the absence of an impediment referred to in subparagraph 1 of this paragraph.