33. A beneficiary shall be admitted to an institution providing long-term care or homecare services under the following procedures:
(1) an application for admission shall be made in writing to the local community service centre of the territory in which the beneficiary resides, or to the social service centre of the region, if there is no local community service centre;
(2) a medical assessment and an assessment of the beneficiary’s autonomy, supplying the information required by the regional council, must certify the need for admission;
(3) the application for admission shall be accepted by the regional or subregional admissions committee formed by the regional council, taking into account preferences expressed by the beneficiary;
(4) the institution designated by an admissions committee shall admit the beneficiary as soon as a bed is available.
Where an application applies to a beneficiary already sheltered in an institution, it shall be sent directly to the admissions committee with the assessment of the beneficiary, and a copy shall be sent to the local community services centre of the territory where the beneficiary resides or to the social service centre of the region, if there is no local community service centre.
O.C. 1320-84, s. 33; O.C. 375-88, ss. 1, 3 and 4.