S-40.1, r. 1 - Regulation under the Act respecting the Québec correctional system
27. A correctional officer may strip search an inmate in the following circumstances:
(1) the inmate is entering or leaving a correctional facility;
(2) the inmate is entering or leaving an institutional vehicle;
(3) the inmate is entering or leaving a visiting area other than a secure area;
(4) the inmate is leaving an area, workshop, activity room or exercise yard in the facility where the inmate may have had access to contraband that the inmate could have hidden on his or her person;
(5) the inmate is entering or leaving a solitary, administrative segregation or observation cell.