2. The facility director may exercise the following powers:
(1) conduct an investigation or have an investigation conducted, in particular in the case of death, attempted escape, assault or injury sustained by a personnel member or an inmate, or trade of goods, and report on the investigation to the Associate Deputy Minister of correctional services;
(2) interrupt or have the telephone conversation of an inmate interrupted if the facility director has reasonable grounds to believe that the inmate is committing an offence against a statute, is harassing a person or is making or receiving threats;
(3) authorize the giving or exchange of items among inmates;
(4) prepare and distribute a list of what constitutes authorized and unauthorized items and contraband within the facility;
(5) provide for the seizure of unauthorized items and contraband seized following searches in the correctional facility; and
(6) authorize the detention of a person without a warrant of committal in accordance with the Criminal Code (R.S.C. 1985, c. C-46) at the request of a peace officer.