56. Every staff member at a private seniors’ residence and every professional working in the residence must report in writing as soon as possible, to the person responsible for keeping the register, any incident or accident observed by the staff member or professional.
The report must include, if known,
(1) the date and time of the incident or accident and the place where it occurred;
(2) the nature of the incident or accident;
(3) a description of the facts and a list of the witnesses to the incident or accident;
(4) the circumstances in which the incident or accident occurred;
(5) the actions taken and the persons notified in the residence following the incident or accident;
(6) the immediate consequences of the incident or accident; and
(7) any recommendations that the person making the report considers relevant.
Every volunteer or other person working in the residence must advise a staff member as soon as possible of any incident or accident observed and, with the help of a staff member if required, report it to the person responsible for keeping the register, in accordance with the first and second paragraphs.
In the case of a residence referred to in section 5, the declarations referred to in the first and third paragraphs must be made directly to the operator of the residence.