In force: 2016-08-04
57. The operator of an addiction resource must establish an internal procedure for processing dissatisfactions including
(1) the obligation to inform every person lodged, in writing or with the use of a poster located in a place accessible to the persons lodged, that the person may make comments or express dissatisfactions on services received or that the person should have received, verbally or in writing;
(2) the designation of a person responsible for examining the comments or dissatisfactions expressed by the persons lodged; and
(3) the obligation for the person responsible to justify every decision rendered following the examination of dissatisfactions.
The procedure must remind that at all times, a person lodged may, in accordance with paragraph 1 of section 60 of the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2) and the first paragraph of section 51 of the Act to modify the organization and governance of the health and social services network, in particular by abolishing the regional agencies (chapter O-7.2), directly file a complaint with the integrated health and social services centre concerned with regard to services that the person received or should have received from the operator of the resource. In addition, the operator must, during the person’s stay, ask the person to complete a service assessment form adapted to the services offered in the resource that allows the assessment of the following elements:
(1) the reception;
(2) respect of the rights of the persons lodged and of the code of ethics;
(3) the quality of the services offered by staff members;
(4) the reaching of the objectives of the stay;
(5) the premises of the resource;
(6) the food offered by the operator of the resource;
(8) the preparation of the return to the living environment.
The person responsible for the examination of dissatisfactions must prepare each year a report dealing in particular with the number of dissatisfactions, their type and follow-up measures taken. The report must also include a summary of the content of the assessment forms.