48. The operator of an addiction resource must draw up a policy concerning the roles and responsibilities that may be entrusted to volunteers, persons lodged and persons that have been lodged. The policy must meet the requirements referred to in this Regulation and be adopted by the operator’s board of directors.
The policy must include
(1) the cases and conditions in which a person who has been lodged may be considered suited to work in the resource;
(2) the prohibition for a person lodged to work in the resource except as part of activities provided for in the person’s individualized intervention plan drawn up under section 23;
(3) the duties that may be entrusted to volunteers, persons lodged and persons who have been lodged;
(4) the cases and conditions in which the application of the care and pharmaceutical services protocol and the distribution of medication may be entrusted to a person who has been lodged;
(5) measures for supervising duties entrusted to volunteers, persons lodged or persons who have been lodged.
The operator must make the policy known to volunteers and staff members.
See s. 84 concerning the date of coming into force of this section.