31. The operator of an addiction resource must designate a person responsible for the application of the care and pharmaceutical services protocol from among the staff members that meet any of the conditions described in the first paragraph of section 45.
In addition to ensuring the application of the protocol, the person designated as responsible for the application of the care and pharmaceutical services protocol must in particular
(1) complete an inventory grid for medication;
(2) enter in the log the medication taken in charge by the operator on the admission of the person lodged and the medication given to the person on the person’s departure;
(3) designate staff members who may distribute medication, in accordance with the rules established under the policy concerning the roles and responsibilities that may be entrusted to volunteers, persons lodged and persons who have been lodged referred to in section 48;
(4) make sure that every person distributing medication verifies the identity of the person lodged and ensures that the medication given is intended for that person;
(5) make sure that a medication distribution log is updated by the staff members designated for distributing medication;
(6) make sure that the medication prescribed in the name of each person lodged is stored in a piece of furniture under lock and key or in a refrigerator reserved for that purpose under lock and key situated in a room also under lock and key.