30. The operator of an addiction resource must take charge of the distribution of medication prescribed to the persons lodged.
To that end, the operator must enter into a written agreement of cooperation with a pharmacist and ensure that a care and pharmaceutical services protocol complying with practice standards that regulate the management of all medication of the persons lodged and provides control mechanisms.
The protocol defines in particular
(1) the measures to be taken upon a person’s arrival and departure;
(2) the terms for the preparation of medication by the pharmacist;
(3) conditions for the storage and conservation of medication;
(4) measures that must be taken where medication is no longer taken by a person lodged or is outdated;
(5) control measures to be implemented to ensure the application of the protocol.