14. A parent who wishes to take advantage of or be exempted from the reduced contribution must complete the application form furnished by the Minister for that purpose.
The parent must submit the following particulars and documents:
(1) the parent’s name, address and telephone number;
(2) the child’s name;
(3) the parent’s birth certificate or act of birth, or any other document establishing Canadian citizenship;
(4) the child’s birth certificate or act of birth, except if the child is at least 5 years of age on 30 September of the reference year and has been admitted to preschool or elementary school education;
(5) a copy of the agreement signed with the home childcare provider, if applicable; and
(6) if the child has received childcare from another childcare provider, the number of days for which the parent paid the reduced contribution from 1 September of the reference year to the date of the application, as well as the document given to the parent pursuant to section 20 attesting that childcare was received.
In addition to those documents, the parent of a child who is 5 years of age or older on 30 September of the reference year must submit a document, signed by the principal of the school attended by the child, attesting to the absence of childcare services or, if the services exist, lack of availability.
A parent applying to be exempted from the reduced contribution must also submit proof of receipt of benefits under the Aim for Employment Program, the Social Assistance Program or the Social Solidarity Program under the Individual and Family Assistance Act or the Income Security Program for Cree Hunters and Trappers, and a written authorization allowing the Minister to verify the information with the Minister of Employment and Social Solidarity or the Cree Hunters and Trappers Income Security Board.
O.C. 583-2006, s. 14; O.C. 850-2008, s. 10; S.Q. 2015, c. 8, s. 178; O.C. 821-2018, s. 41; S.Q. 2020, c. 5, s. 13.