3.16.8. Hand lifting and carrying:
(1) Mechanical apparatus shall be provided and used for carrying material, when the safety of the worker is jeopardized.
(2) (Subsection revoked).
(3) Workers assigned to the handling of material shall be instructed as to the manner of lifting and carrying loads.
(4) Where an inclined plane is used for raising or lowering heavy objects, the following steps shall be followed:
(a) avoid standing on the lower end of the plane; and
(b) control the displacement of such object by means of cables, blocks, wedges or other devices.
(5) Where rollers are utilized for moving objects, tools designed for this type of work shall be used instead of hands or feet to change the position of the moving rollers.
(6) Suitable protective equipment in accordance with Subdivision 2.10 shall be used for the manual transportation of objects having sharp and dangerous edges, and for the handling of burning, caustic or corrosive substances.
(7) The handling of heavy objects by a crew shall be done with signals that are well understood and designed to ensure uniform manoeuvering.