(1) Any construction equipment shall be used by a competent operator or be under his supervision.
(2) No person shall operate a vehicle on a construction site unless:
(a) he holds a licence to use the vehicle on a public highway in accordance with the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2); or
(b) he is the holder of a document attesting to his ability to drive the vehicle off public highways.
(3) Paragraph b of subsection 2 above does not apply to a person who is:
(a) learning to use a bulldozer, crane, or other equipment; and
(b) is accompanied by a qualified person.
(4) Any manoeuvre shall be carried out so that no workman is exposed to a hazard. No load shall pass over the heads of workers and no worker shall stand under a load or under a part of a hoisting apparatus that could fall on him.
(5) The controls of construction equipment shall not be left unattended when the following parts of the equipment are raised:
(a) the bucket of a power shovel, backhoe or other excavating machine;
(b) the blade of a bulldozer;
(c) the load of a lift truck, crane or any other hoisting machine; or
(d) the hammer of a pile-driving device.
R.R.Q., 1981, c. S-2.1, r. 6, s. 3.10.4; O.C. 1959-86, s. 20; O.C. 35-2001, s. 17.