3.10.3. Heavy equipment: (1) The heavy equipment referred to in subparagraph a or b must have a rollover protective structure that complies with the standards referred to in those subparagraphs:
(a) Bulldozer, loader and skidder on wheels or caterpillars, grader, scraper and roller: ISO 3471 Earth-Moving Machinery - Roll-Over Protective Structures - Laboratory Tests and Performance Requirements, applicable at the time of manufacture of the equipment;
(b) Agricultural and industrial tractor with engine power greater than 15 kW: SAE J1194 Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) for Wheeled Agricultural Tractors, applicable at the time of manufacture of the equipment.
(2) The heavy equipment referred to in subparagraph a of subsection 1, with the exception of rollers, must be protected from falling objects by a protective structure that complies with ISO 3449, Earth-Moving Machinery - Falling Object Protective Structures - Laboratory Tests and Performance Requirements, applicable at the time of manufacture of the equipment.
(3) (Subsection revoked).
(4) A rollover protective structure shall bear a plate indicating:
(a) the name of the manufacturer or his code;
(b) its serial number;
(c) a reference to the number of the standard used for its conception; and
(d) the model and the make of the heavy equipment for which the structure has been designed.
(5) The operator of a heavy equipment equipped with a protective structure, except for the grader, shall wear a safety belt when the vehicle is in motion.
(6) The caterpillars of bulldozers working perpendicular to the axis of a slope shall be equipped with metal parts placed so as to prevent sliding in the axis of the slope.
(7) When rollers are used on a steep slope, one shall:
(a) be careful to keep to the newly laid paving;
(b) be careful never to come in contact with bituminous bonding; or
(c) provide for a device capable of stopping the roller in case of danger.
(8) This section does not apply to a bulldozer on caterpillars equipped with a side boom and a counterweight and used for installing gas or oil pipelines.