S-2.1, r. 4 - Safety Code for the construction industry
2.9.3. Safety net: Where a safety net is installed, it must
(1) be installed so as to allow a free fall of not more than 6 m;
(2) have a sufficiently large area to intercept a person who has fallen;
(3) be capable of supporting a mass of 115 kg falling from a maximum height of 6 m and with a safety factor of 3;
(4) be sufficiently flexible to form a pocket and retain any person who has fallen;
(5) be weather resistant;
(6) be free of all foreign matter;
(7) have openings of about 150 mm × 150 mm;
(8) be installed in such a way that, when used, the person who falls therein will not hit an obstacle under or above the net or be hit by an object.
R.R.Q., 1981, c. S-2.1, r. 6, s. 2.9.3; O.C. 995-91, s. 2; O.C. 35-2001, s. 5.