2.9.1.Safety measures: Workers shall be protected against falls in the following cases:
(1) if they are at risk of falling more than 3 m from the place where he is working;
(2) if they are at risk of falling:
(a) into a dangerous liquid or substance;
(b) on a moving component;
(c) on equipment or material that constitute a danger;
(d) from a height of 1.2 m or more where they use a wheelbarrow or a vehicle.
In such cases and subject to section 2.9.2, one or several of the following measures shall be taken by the employer to ensure the safety of workers:
(1) change the work position of workers so that they can work on the ground or on another surface from which they are not at risk of falling;
(2) install guard-rails or a system which, by limiting the movements of workers, prevent them from being at risk of falling;
(3) use common protective devices and equipment, such as safety nets;
(4) ensure that workers wear safety harnesses secured to an anchorage system by a fall arrest connecting device, the whole in accordance with sections 2.10.12 and 2.10.15 when they are working. When workers cannot position themselves without the help of their fall arrest connecting device, ensure that they also use a means of positioning, such as a plank on brackets, a positioning tether or strap, a suspension cable or a platform;
(5) use another means that ensures equivalent safety for workers.
R.R.Q., 1981, c. S-2.1, r. 6, s. 2.9.1; O.C. 329-94, s. 6; O.C. 35-2001, s. 5; O.C. 606-2014, s. 3.