S-2.1, r. 4 - Safety Code for the construction industry
2.20.7. Where lockout is the method applied, the steps required to control energy for the purposes of paragraph 6 of section 2.20.6 must include:
(1) deactivation and complete shutdown of the machine;
(2) elimination or, if that is impossible, control of any residual or stored energy source;
(3) lockout of the machine’s energy source cutoff points;
(4) verification of lockout by using one or more techniques making it possible to reach the highest level of efficiency;
(5) safely unlocking and re-operating the machine.