373. Every conveyor shall:
(1) have head, return, drive and tension rollers that are protected by a device extending at least 0.9 m (3 ft) beyond each recessed point;
(2) be equipped with a device that prevents any object or materials from falling, where the conveyor is installed above a place where workers move about;
(3) be equipped with a footwalk and guardrail where it is installed more than 2 m (6.5 ft) above ground level or floor level, except where the conveyor can be accessed by means of an elevating platform or other mechanical means that complies with section 208 or 401;
(4) be equipped with a protective rail on the sides alongside which the workers move about;
(5) be equipped, where the workers may access the conveyor while it is in operation, with an emergency shut-down device along its full length between the head pulley and the return pulley; release of the shut-down device shall not restart the conveyor;
(6) be equipped, where it is self-starting or remote starting or is partially invisible from the operator’s controls and has accessible movable parts, with a lighting device or an auditory device that signals the conveyor’s start-up to the workers;
(7) in the case of a bucket conveyor, be surrounded by an unbroken protective barrier reaching the full height of the conveyor and have doors or panels for maintenance work, inspections or repairs; the opening of one of those doors or panels shall automatically stop the conveyor.