47. Use of protective equipment: The respiratory protective equipment prescribed in section 45 shall be:
(1) designed to offer protection from the danger to which the worker is exposed;
(2) kept in good working order;
(3) inspected by the worker each time he wears it;
(4) inspected by the employer at least once a month and each time the worker using the equipment reports to his employer that it is not working properly;
(5) disinfected before being used by another worker, except in an emergency;
(6) stored in a clean place.
The principles of operation and the use of the equipment shall be explained to the workers, and the employer shall ensure that its use is fully understood by the workers.