348.Fall arrest connecting device: A fall arrest connecting device shall be composed of one or more of the following equipment, including at least the equipment provided for in paragraph 1 or 2:
(1) a shock absorber and a lanyard complying with CAN/CSA Standard Z259.11 Shock Absorbers and Lanyards. The lifeline, including the shock absorber, shall have a maximum length of 2 m;
(2) a self retracting lanyard complying with CAN/CSA Standard Z259.2.2 Self-Retracting Devices;
(3) a rope grab complying with CSA Standard Z259.2.5 Fall Arresters and Vertical Lifelines or CSA Standard Z259.2.4 Fall Arresters and Vertical Rigid Rails;
(4) a vertical lifeline complying with CSA Standard Z259.2.5 Fall Arresters and Vertical Lifelines or CSA Standard Z259.2.4 Fall Arresters and Vertical Rigid Rails, which shall never be directly in contact with a sharp edge and shall
(a) be used by one person only;
(b) be less than 90 m in length;
(c) be free of defects, knots and splices, except at the terminations of the lifeline;
(5) a connecting component, such as a spring hook, D-ring or snap hook in compliance with CAN/CSA Standard Z259.12 Connecting Components for Personal Fall Arrest Systems.
O.C. 885-2001, s. 348; 1411-2018O.C. 1411-2018, s. 281.