312.79. Delimitation of the work areas: The exclusion, decontamination and support areas must be delimited.
The limits of each area must be clearly defined and marked and the following instructions must be followed:
(1) only workers wearing the required protective clothing and respiratory equipment may enter the exclusion area; and
(2) when leaving the exclusion area, the divers and their equipment must exit through the decontamination area to be cleaned and decontaminated.
For the purposes of this section,
(1) “exclusion area” means the area in the contaminated environment where the dive is performed;
(2) “decontamination area” means the area used for decontaminating divers and their equipment; and
(3) “support area” means the area outside the contaminated environment intended for the management, monitoring and technical and medical support operations of the underwater work.