31.Gangways and stationary platforms: Gangways and stationary platforms shall:
(1) not be subject to loads greater than the ones specified by the manufacturer or by an engineer;
(2) be provided with guardrails complying with sections 12 and 13 on the sides exposed to falls, if their height from the ground or floor is higher than 450 mm, except for unloading piers and loading platforms;
(3) if made of perforated materials and located more than 1.8 m from the floor or the ground, not include openings through which a sphere 30 mm in diameter can pass;
(4) have a minimum width of 600 mm for gangways or platforms built or modified on or after 2 August 2001;
(5) have a free space of at least 2 m above and below, unless a danger sign is posted.