S-2.1, r. 13 - Regulation respecting occupational health and safety
188.7. Where lockout is the method applied, the steps required to control energy for the purposes of paragraph 6 of section 188.6 must include
(1) deactivation and complete shutdown of the machine;
(2) elimination or, if that is impossible, control of any residual or stored energy source;
(3) lockout of the machine’s energy source cutoff points;
(4) verification of lockout by using one or more techniques making it possible to reach the highest level of efficiency;
(5) safely unlocking and reoperating the machine.