ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENT FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE UNDERSTANDING ON SOCIAL SECURITY BETWEEN QUÉBEC AND THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
THE GOUVERNEMENT DU QUÉBEC
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES,
CONSIDERING Article 16 of the Understanding on Social Security between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of the Republic of the Philippines,
DESIROUS to give application to this Understanding,
HAVE AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
In this Administrative Arrangement,
(a) the term «Understanding» shall mean the Understanding on Social Security between the Gouvernement du Québec and the Government of the Republic of the Philippines signed on October 22nd, 1996;
(b) all other terms shall have the meaning given to them in Article 1 of the Understanding.
In accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 16 of the Understanding, the liaison agencies designated by each of the Parties shall be:
(a) as regards Québec, the Direction des équivalences et de l’administration des ententes de sécurité sociale of the Ministère des Relations avec les citoyens et de l’Immigration or any other agency that the competent authority of Québec may subsequently designate;
(b) as regards the Republic of the Philippines, the International and Legislative Affairs Office of the Social Security System or any other agency that the competent authority of the Republic of the Philippines may subsequently designate.
Certificate of Coverage
1. For the application of Articles 7 to 11 of the Understanding, when a person remains subject to the legislation of one Party while working in the territory of the other Party, a certificate of coverage shall be issued
(a) by the liaison agency of Québec, when the person remains subject to the legislation of Québec;
(b) by the liaison agency of the Republic of the Philippines, when the person remains subject to the legislation of the Republic of the Philippines.
2. The liaison agency issuing the certificate of coverage shall send a copy of that certificate to the other liaison agency mentioned in paragraph 1, to the person concerned and, if applicable, to the employer of that person.
Retirement, Disability and Survivor’s Benefits
1. For the application of Part III of the Understanding, a claim for a benefit by virtue of the Understanding may be presented to the liaison agency of either Party, or to the competent institution of the Party whose legislation applies.
2. When a claim for benefit mentioned in paragraph 1 is presented to a liaison agency, that agency shall send that claim to the competent institution of the Party whose legislation is applicable, along with the required supporting documents.
3. When the claim for a benefit referred to in paragraph 2 of Article 17 of the Understanding is presented to the competent institution of one Party, that institution shall send that claim to the liaison agency of the same Party. The liaison agency shall send that claim to the competent institution of the other Party, along with the required supporting documents.
4. Any required personal information regarding an individual, mutually determined by the liaison agencies and indicated on the liaison form, shall be certified by the liaison agency transmitting the claim, which shall then be exempt from transmission of the supporting documents.
5. A liaison form shall accompany the claim and the supporting documents referred to in this Article.
6. If so requested by the competent institution or by the liaison agency of one Party, the liaison agency or the competent institution of the other Party shall indicate, on the liaison form, the periods of insurance recognized under the legislation which it applies.
7. As soon as decisions with respect to claims have been taken pursuant to the legislation which it applies, the competent institution shall notify the claimants and inform them about the ways of recourse and time limits for such recourse prescribed by that legislation; the competent institution shall also inform, by means of the liaison form, the liaison agency of the other Party about the decisions.
Reimbursement between Institutions
For the application of Article 24 of the Understanding, at the end of each calendar year, when the competent institution of a Party has produced medical reports, on behalf or at the expense of the competent institution of the other Party, the liaison agency of the first Party shall send to the liaison agency of the other Party a statement listing the fees pertaining to the medical reports produced during the year under consideration, indicating the amount owed. That statement shall be accompanied by supporting documents.
Any forms or other documents necessary to implement the procedures prescribed by the Administrative Arrangement shall be determined by common agreement by the competent institutions and the agencies responsible for the application of the Understanding for each of the Parties.
The liaison agencies of both Parties may exchange, in the form agreed upon, statistical data concerning the payments made to beneficiaries during each calendar year under the Understanding. Such data shall include the number of beneficiaries and the total amount of benefits, by benefit category.
Coming into Force and Denunciation
The Administrative Arrangement shall come into force on the same date as the Understanding. The denunciation of the Understanding carries the denunciation of the Administrative Arrangement.
Done at Québec on October 22nd, 1996, in duplicate, in the English and French languages, both texts being equally authentic.
FOR THE GOUVERNEMENT DU QUÉBEC
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
JUAN C. TAN