35. The pension committee must, within 60 days of receiving the application, provide the applicant and his spouse with the statement referred to in section 108 of the Act.
That statement is divided into 2 parts, the first of which must contain the following information:
(1) the total benefits accumulated by the member from the date on which he or she became a member of the plan until the valuation date, and the value of those benefits;
(2) the benefits and value referred to in subparagraph 1, with an indication as to whether they are capital benefits or pension benefits;
(3) (subparagraph revoked);
(4) in the case of married or civil union spouses:
(a) the value of the benefits accrued during the marriage or civil union, distributed according to their nature as capital benefits or pension benefits;
(b) except where the value referred to in subparagraph a is calculated in accordance with paragraph 1 of the first paragraph of section 39, the number of months in the period of membership which began on the date on which the member joined the plan concerned as well as the number of those months in the period of the marriage or civil union and, where such information is available, the number of months in the period of membership in any other plan from which benefits or assets were transferred as well as the number of such months in the period of marriage or civil union;
(c) (subparagraph replaced);
(5) the residual value of the member’s benefits after the final partition of benefits or the final transfer granted to a former spouse of the member that had the effect of reducing the member’s benefits, where the pension committee has that residual value.
The first part of the statement shall be signed by the person who prepared it. Unless it the Court is shown that the benefits and periods appearing on the statement must be corrected or that the values appearing on the statement were not determined according to the rules provided for in this Division, the statement shall constitute proof of its content.
O.C. 1158-90, s. 35; O.C. 568-91, s. 4; O.C. 173-2002, s. 29; O.C. 1073-2009, s. 14.