1.1. A simplified pension plan, governed by Division IV of the Regulation respecting the exemption of certain categories of pension plans from the application of provisions of the Supplemental Pension Plans Act (chapter R-15.1, r. 7), prescribes, on the one hand, the registration of the provisions applicable to all the employers that are parties to the plan in accordance with this section and, on the other hand, the registration of an amendment to the plan for the provisions specific to each employer in accordance with section 2.1.
An application for the registration of the provisions applicable to all the employers that are parties to the plan must contain the following information, in addition to the documents and information required under subparagraphs 1, 6 and 7 of the second paragraph of section 24 of the Act:
(1) the name of the plan, the name of the financial institution that administers it, the address of its head office and, where applicable, the address of its principal establishment in Québec;
(2) the effective date of those provisions and the number of active plan members on that date;
(3) the name and office address of the signatory of the application.
The application must also contain an attestation by the signatory that:
(1) the financial institution that administers the plan has obtained the employer’s written acknowledgement of the obligations incumbent upon it under the plan;
(2) the financial institution has obtained the employer’s and the employees’ association’s written acknowledgement of the fact that the provisions to be registered correspond to what they agreed upon, where the employer has delegated powers to the association relating to the plan under the terms of an agreement referred to in paragraph 27 of section 10 of the Regulation respecting the exemption of certain categories of pension plans from the application of provisions of the Supplemental Pension Plans Act;
(3) the signatory is authorized to prepare and sign that application on behalf of that financial institution;
(4) the person who certified the copy of the plan that accompanies the application to be a true copy is qualified to do so;
(5) the information contained in the application are exact to the best of his knowledge.
O.C. 658-94, s. 1; O.C. 173-2002, s. 2; O.C. 1073-2009, s. 50.