29.3. The agreement between the employee and his employer shall terminate in the case of any of the following circumstances:
(1) the employee’s death;
(2) the employee voluntarily ceases to participate in the plan later than 1 year after the date fixed for the beginning of the agreement;
(3) the employee is laid off, dismissed or holds pensionable employment with another department, agency or employer, unless in the latter case the new department, agency or employer agrees to continue the agreement;
(4) the employee and the employer decide jointly to terminate the agreement later than 1 year after the date fixed for the beginning of the agreement;
(5) the employee becomes covered by the Pension Plan of Certain Teachers or by the Pension Plan of Peace Officers in Correctional Services;
(6) the disability of the employee continues for more than 2 years if, during his disability, he was eligible for salary insurance under a salary insurance plan other than the plan referred to in the second paragraph of section 21 of the Act.