10. To register for the system, an emitter, participant or clearing house or, if they are not natural persons, their account representatives, must first obtain access to the electronic system by providing the Minister with the following information and documents:
(1) the person’s name and contact information at the person’s home address;
(2) the person’s date of birth;
(3) copies of at least 2 identity documents, including one with a photograph, issued by a government or one of its departments or agencies, bearing the person’s name and date of birth, along with an attestation from a notary or advocate, completed less than 3 months prior to the application for registration, stating that the notary or advocate has established the identity of the person and certifying the authenticity of the copies of the identity documents;
(4) the name and contact information of the person’s employer;
(5) confirmation from a financial institution located in Canada that the person has a deposit account with the institution;
(6) any conviction for a criminal offence or an offence referred to in section 13 from the 5 years prior to the submission of the information and documents;
(7) a declaration, signed by the person and attesting
(a) that the information and document provided are valid and that the person consents to their communication when necessary for the purposes of this Regulation and the corresponding rules and regulations of a partner entity;
(a.1) that the person consents to a judicial record verification by the Minister or a person mandated for that purpose; and
(b) that the person undertakes to comply with the conditions of this Regulation.
A natural person authorized to act as an account viewing agent pursuant to section 12 must also obtain access to the electronic system in accordance with the first paragraph if the person has not already obtained access to the electronic system of a partner entity.
The account viewing agent designated by the emitter or the participant, under section 11, after they register for the system, must also obtain access to the electronic system in accordance with the first paragraph.
The emitter referred to in section 2.1, the participant, the clearing house or the account viewing agent or, if they are not natural persons, their account representatives, that requests access to the electronic system under this section must, in order for the request to be admissible, send the documents listed in the first paragraph in the 12 months following the date of the request.
A person who, under this section, must obtain access to the electronic system but already has one, obtained from a partner entity, is considered to have met the obligation under this Regulation and may not obtain new access from the Minister. The person must provide the Minister with the information referred to in subparagraphs 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7 of the first paragraph. If the access has not been obtained in accordance with sections 95834(a)(b) and (d) of the California Cap on Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Market-Based Compliance Mechanisms or in accordance with paragraph 2 of section 45 of O.Reg. 144/16: The Cap and Trade Program, the person must also provide the information referred to in subparagraph 3 of the first paragraph.
O.C. 1297-2011, s. 10; O.C. 1184-2012, s. 10; O.C. 902-2014, s. 8; O.C. 1125-2017, s. 1313.