64. Grazing and the spreading of animal waste, farm compost or fertilizing waste substances must be carried out in accordance with the recommendations of a professional
(1) in the intermediate bacteriological protection zone for groundwater withdrawals with a vulnerability rating of medium;
(2) in the intermediate virological protection zone for groundwater withdrawals when the nitrate + nitrite (expressed as N) concentration of the water sampled in accordance with the Regulation respecting the quality of drinking water (chapter Q-2, r. 40) is above 5 mg/l on 2 or more occasions over a 2-year period.
The spreading of nitrogenous fertilizers must also be carried out in accordance with the recommendation of a professional in the intermediate virological protection zone for groundwater withdrawals in the case provided for in subparagraph 2 of the first paragraph.
The recommendation must set out the measures to be taken to minimize the impact on the water withdrawn, especially concerning the addition of nitrogen and pathogenic agents. It must be based on
(1) a historical review of the last 5 years of cultivation, spreading activities and grazing activities in the intermediate protection zone;
(2) the hydrogeological context and the texture, depth and state of compaction of the soil.
The recommendation must be submitted with the agro-environmental fertilization plan prepared in accordance with the Agricultural Operations Regulation (chapter Q-2, r. 26) when the place where the livestock raising or spreading occurs is subject to that Regulation. It must be retained for 5 years and provided to the Minister on request.