71. The operator must measure the following at the sampling stations referred to in section 47:
(1) toxicity: once a month at an interval of at least 21 days, in the case of an effluent discharged into the environment or into a storm sewer;
(2) petroleum hydrocarbons C10-C50: once a week for an effluent discharged into the environment or into a storm sewer and once a month, at an interval of at least 21 days, for an effluent discharged into a sewer system;
(3) chlorinated dioxins and furans: once every quarter, in January, April, July and October, if a chlorinated product is used as a pulp bleaching agent; the congeners of dioxins and furans to be analyzed are those listed in Schedule II; and
(4) polychlorinated biphenyls: once every quarter, in January, April, July and October, if the quantity of recycled paper or paperboard exceeds 1,000 t per month; the homologous groups of polychlorinated biphenyls to be analyzed are those listed in Schedule III.
Subparagraphs 3 and 4 of the first paragraph do not apply in respect of effluent that has not undergone treatment.
In the case of a total production stoppage, the requirements in subparagraphs 1 and 2 of the first paragraph no longer apply from the 60th day that follows the day on which the stoppage occurs if all the standards are complied with. The requirements continue to apply in the cases referred to in subparagraph d of subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph of section 70.
O.C. 808-2007, s. 71; O.C. 675-2013, s. 7.