59. Every person who contravenes section 9, 14, 16, 17, 20, 23, 25, 28, 30, 32, 37 or 39, subparagraph 3 of the second paragraph of section 43 or section 46, 48 or 49 commits an offence and is liable, in the case of a natural person, to a fine of $2,500 to $250,000 or, in other cases, to a fine of $7,500 to $1,500,000.
Every person who fails
(1) to confirm the nature and the concentration values of substances present in the soils by means of an analysis report that complies with the requirements of the second paragraph of section 15 or to have the report certified by a laboratory accredited by the Minister,
(2) to have the required samples analyzed to validate an analysis report in accordance with the third paragraph of section 15,
(3) to take a groundwater sample in each of the monitoring wells in accordance with the conditions prescribed by section 33,
(4) to have the samples referred to in section 34 analyzed by a laboratory accredited by the Minister in accordance with that section,
(5) to verify the effectiveness of a collection system or leachate treatment system and to leak test it in accordance with section 35,
(6) to have a closing statement that complies with section 41 prepared by a certified and independent professional, within the time provided for in that section,
(7) to record in a report a complete evaluation of the follow-up and monitoring data or to include a summary of the evaluation and an up-to-date follow-up and monitoring program in accordance with section 44,
(8) to carry out the re-evaluation of the follow-up and monitoring program referred to in section 45,
also commits an offence and is liable to the same fines.
O.C. 843-2001, s. 59; O.C. 665-2013, s. 4.