In force: 2020-12-31
51. The following activities are exempted from authorization or the amendment of authorization pursuant to sections 22 and 30 of the Act:
(1) activities carried on in accordance with an order issued pursuant to the Act;
(2) activities carried on in accordance with measures for the cessation of an activity required by the Minister pursuant to the first paragraph of section 31.0.5 of the Act;
(3) technical surveys prior to a project, with the exception of seismic surveys in bodies of water;
(4) indoor shooting sessions;
(5) the operation of an establishment the only contaminant discharge from which is a discharge of wastewater from an industrial process of less than 10 m³ per day into a sewer system governed by the Regulation respecting municipal wastewater treatment works (chapter Q-2, r. 34.1);
(6) the cultivation of cannabis, non-aquatic plants or mushrooms, including all the operations needed to ensure their growth, from soil preparation to harvest, including drainage and post-harvest tilling of the soil, with the exception of crops that require authorization pursuant to section 133, are eligible for a declaration of compliance pursuant to section 135, or fail to meet the conditions for exemption provided for in section 136.
For the purposes of subparagraph 6 of the first paragraph, any activity relating to the cultivation of plants or mushrooms that requires authorization, such as water withdrawal, soil fertilization or amendment with a residual material or water treatment, is not exempted from such authorization pursuant to this section and must be carried on in accordance with the provisions applicable to that activity.