In force: 2020-12-31
46. The activities referred to in section 45 may be covered by a declaration of compliance or be exempted from authorization, as provided for in this Regulation.
Despite the first paragraph and unless covered by a contrary decision pursuant to section 31.6 of the Act, the following activities are not eligible for a declaration of compliance and are not exempted activities:
(1) tree-clearing activities;
(2) construction work on a watertight storage facility for livestock waste;
(3) the construction of any linear infrastructure referred to in the Regulation respecting the environmental impact assessment and review of certain projects (chapter Q-2, r. 23.1), including temporary or permanent roads needed for access to the infrastructure;
(4) the construction of a bridge or culvert, including temporary works;
(5) the construction of energy-dissipating weirs and baffles for hydroelectric works;
(6) the storage, crushing and sieving of brick, concrete and bituminous coated materials during construction work;
(7) the construction and operation of a storage site for petroleum products or liquid mixtures of hydrocarbons.
For the purposes of this section, the construction of an infrastructure, place or works includes its siting, replacement, substantial modification and dismantling.