26. Before renewing certification, the Minister must assess the certified body’s past record in intercountry adoptions and the situation in the State of origin concerned. For that purpose the Minister may consult the competent adoption or immigration authorities.
The Minister must consider such factors as
(1) the number of adoptions that have taken place and the conduct of the process in those adoptions;
(2) the number of complaints made against the certified body;
(3) the notices of non-compliance entered in the certified body’s file;
(4) the certified body’s relations with the institutions and public or private authorities in the State of origin concerned; and
(5) the certified body’s relations with the Minister and the competent adoption or immigration authorities in Québec.