22.214.171.124. Food handler training must be of a minimum of 6 hours and cover the following subjects:
(1) microbiological, physical and chemical hazards associated with food hygiene and safety;
(2) food storage temperatures;
(3) food origins;
(4) food labelling;
(5) work methods that prevent food contamination;
(6) general principles of hygiene for persons in contact with food or with material or equipment in contact with food;
(7) material and equipment cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting procedures; and
(8) environmental sources of food contamination.
A food handler training certificate is issued to a person who has obtained a mark of at least 60% on the examination prepared by the Institut de technologie agroalimentaire.