12. An ambulance technician in advanced care may, in addition to the activities determined in Divisions II and III,
(1) assess the condition of a person;
(2) administer intravenously or endotracheally the required substances and medications;
(3) (paragraph revoked);
(4) perform a manual defibrillation;
(5) introduce an intravenous solution via intraosseous route and administer, via that route, the required substances or medications;
(6) perform an emergency electric cardioversion;
(7) apply external cardiac stimulation.
An ambulance technician may also, as part of a research project designed to evaluate advanced pre-hospital emergency care, proceed with the endotracheal intubation of an adult person experiencing cardiopulmonary arrest or with an impaired state of consciousness.
O.C. 26-2012, s. 12; O.C. 119-2019, s. 511O.C. 119-2019, s. 512.