1. A school board may permit the removal of the following subjects provided for in the Basic school regulation for preschool, elementary and secondary education (chapter I-13.3, r. 8) so that a special school project may be carried out:
(1) Secondary II Home Economics;
(2) Secondary III Introduction to Technology;
(3) Secondary III, IV or V Personal and Social Education;
(4) Secondary III, IV or V Career Choice Education; and
(5) Secondary V Economics.
The school board may also permit the replacement of a subject by an equivalent subject if that subject is compulsory at the time the project ends, according to the approach for gradual implementation of the provisions of the Basic regulation established by the Minister pursuant to section 459 of the Education Act (chapter I-13.3).
If the school project is to facilitate a change to vocational training, the school board may permit the removal of any subject in the second cycle of the secondary level other than the subjects required in the Basic vocational training regulation (chapter I-13.3, r. 10) for admission to a vocational training program leading to a diploma of vocational studies.