In force: 2018-08-02
68. A sponsor who subscribed to an undertaking on behalf of a foreign national and, where applicable, family members accompanying the foreign national to Québec must, in their regard,
(1) provide for basic needs in accordance with the scales prescribed by Schedule C or D as the case may be;
(2) provide the necessary support in integration activities such as search for employment and school enrolment as well as support for access to public services and participation in community life;
(3) reimburse to the Gouvernement du Québec any amount paid as last resort assistance benefits under the Individual and Family Assistance Act (chapter A-13.1.1); and
(4) reimburse to the government of a province any amount paid as last resort assistance benefits or any other similar benefit under an Act of that province.
If more than one sponsor subscribed to an undertaking, each is jointly and solidarily liable for the obligations contracted.