In force: 2016-11-10
1. Subject to the provisions of the second paragraph of section 42 of the Public Service Act (chapter F-3.1.1), a public servant whose position has been upgraded shall be promoted where all of the following conditions are met:
(1) the public servant’s classification must be at the same level as that of the position occupied before the position was upgraded;
(2) the public servant must have held the position for at least 1 year before it was upgraded;
(3) the position held by the public servant must have been upgraded as a result of a complexification in some or all of the principal and usual duties of the position;
(4) the upgraded position must require predominantly the same type of skills as those required by the position held by the public servant before the position was upgraded;
(5) the public servant has not already had his or her qualifications assessed with a view to the upgraded position under this Regulation or the Promotion without a Competition Regulation (chapter F-3.1.1, r. 4).
In addition, the promotion of a public servant under this Regulation to a team leader position or manager position is permitted only if the position occupied by the public servant before the upgrading included, principally and usually, team leader or manager responsibilities.